The main principles of responsible gambling include combating underage gambling, illegal gaming activity, supporting self-exclusion options, close cooperation between casino operators, software providers and gambling organizations, and so on. GW Casino not only complies with all the rules and guidelines but it also tries to set new standards.
As we see it, gambling is legal entertainment for millions of people all over the world. However, some players consider it an important life-defining activity. As a result, they are at risk of becoming addicts and harming their lives. Thus, we strive to promote ideas of responsible gambling, protect customers, and help them to find a way out.
In more detail, we describe our ideas and methods below. Read the post to be aware of the casino principles.
Preventing Underage Gambling
Our casino requires all users to confirm that they can gamble legally in terms of age. Usually, it means that a player must be at least 18 years old. The minimum age can be higher depending on the jurisdiction/location of the customers. Thus, the legal age for online gambling activities in some countries is 21 years old. Specify the statement valid for your territory to stay on the legal side and not to break any laws. We do not provide our services to younger gamblers. Moreover, we do not deliver advertisements to underage users so they can’t be involved in the game.
We also encourage players to help us combat underage gambling. Please, follow the next steps to be sure that minors like your kids (if any) can’t access the site:
- Don’t leave the computer or any other device with the logged account, the casino site opened, game launched.
- Use passwords or biometric identification.
- Keep all the casino-related credentials away from minors.
- Avoid using browser functions that allow you to autofill passwords.
- Use specific software focused on age protection.
- Never disclose sensitive details like your credit card number and PIN.
- Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have info about underage gambling.
- Also, follow these rules when you access the casino from new devices and locations.
- Use various parental control software apps to protect your children from the gambling content.
Setting Limits and Exclusions
The next extremely essential principle of responsible gambling focuses on self-exclusion. According to it, each gambler should have an option to limit himself/herself in gambling. Thus, casinos should provide these options. Obviously, we offer this so you can always contact us to set custom limits or even block the account.
We also offer a so-called ‘cooling-off period’. During it, all your accounts will be temporarily blocked preventing you from spending money in our casino. Note that we block new profiles, too. You can also set daily, weekly or monthly betting/depositing limits. As well, it’s possible to exclude your profile from all promotions and bonuses.
If you want to activate the cooling-off period, reopen your account, set betting limits or find any other solution to gambling problems, just contact our customer support center at email@example.com.
Cooperating with Help Centers
Apart from the assistance offered by our casino, all players can work with experts from responsible gambling organizations all over the world. Often, these organizations are non-governmental and charity-based. Sometimes, they help only citizens of their jurisdictions, while there are also international agencies that support everybody regardless of the residency.
Such organizations provide informational help in the form of personal consultations and group meetings. They can also redirect you to psychological centers. Be sure to seek help if you feel that you need it. Compulsive gambling can be extremely harmful and can even lead to suicides. Know that there are organizations that are ready to support you.
Check a few notable names and bookmark their sites:
- Gamblers Anonymous
- Gambling Therapy
- National Council on Problem Gambling
- Responsible Gambling Trust
We want to list a few tips that may help you in case any gambling problems arise. Sometimes, you may feel that things run out of your control. To deal with issues and, importantly, prevent them, remember the following points:
- Bet only the amount you can afford to lose.
- Consider gambling as entertainment only.
- Don’t chase losses and stop after a losing streak.
- Tell your close ones about your gambling concerns.
Responsible gambling is the most important goal of each and every reputable casino. We support responsible gambling initiatives in full and encourage you to PLAY SAFE!